This is a simple gluten free recipe made with healthy ingredients. These mini muffins taste so delicious no one is going to know they are:
- refined-sugar free
- and plant based.
When my kids were little I was not baking with the best quality ingredients. At the time I thought I was but now I know that I wasn't. I really could have used a recipe like this.
This is a quick healthy recipe that can be made on the weekend and packaged into bundles of 3 and frozen. Pop a package out of the freezer and put it right in the lunch box.
Lets do this....get out your mixing bowl and those ripe bananas and lets go.
Start with the wet ingredients; mash the banana and mix in the pure maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and coconut milk.
Add the dry ingredients and stir. And don't forget those mini chocolate chips. My favourite brand of chocolate chips is 'Enjoy Life'.
Scoop into your muffin tin and bake.
Sprinkle shredded coconut on top. I like to mix a little cinnamon in with the shredded coconut. Anywhere you can add in extra nutrition go for it.
Your kitchen is going to smell amazing while these are baking.
Mmmmm so good. Even if you are not a gluten free eater your still going to love them!
Once they come out of the oven, let cool and munch on some maybe share a few with the neighbours and and then package them up in bundles of 3. Store them in the freezer so anytime you need a grab and go snack you are ready.
Gluten-Free Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes: 40 mini muffins
What You Need
- 3 ripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (no need to melt the oil)
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (love the "Enjoy Life" brand)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded unsweetened coconut mixed with a little cinnamon for sprinkling on top (optional)
What To Do
(1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Line the mini muffin tin with mini cupcake papers
(3) Mash the banana in a mixing bowl and then add in the coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut milk and give it a few stirs.
(4) Add the rice flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and Himalayan salt and mini chocolate chips, stir until combined
(5) Scoop the batter into the muffin tin
(6) Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top (optional)
(7) Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes and then let cool.
(8) Package them up in bundles of 3 and pop them in the freezer so you have some grab and go snacks ready to go.
Enjoy! Your not even going to know its gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar free. Its just yummy!
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Should you decide to give this recipe a try we would love to hear how it went! Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like