This recipe is so quick and easy to make, and it tastes amazing. Maybe it seems extreme to make your own salad dressing but its not all you need is one quick recipe that you love and then you can add any spices you like to change up the flavour.
I like to use a small mason jar for this recipe so I am making it and storing it in the same jar. Less dishes to clean...yes.
This is definetly a recipe where we are going to read labels together. Really...seriously open your fridge and pull out your salad dressing. Find the ingredients label and lets get reading it together.
I took this picture from a bottle of Kraft Creamy Honey Mustard salad dressing the last time I was in the grocery store. Do the ingredients on your bottle of salad dressing look something like this?
Thats a lot of unhealthy chemical type ingredients that nobody should be eating.
So here is the thing, if you don't understand the ingredients on the label either will your body. So pick up that bottle of store bought salad dressing and throw it into the garbage. Yes you can do it, just let it go. Don't think of it as throwing money away think of it as a new beginning. A new mind set, you have the power you get to choose.
Stick with me and let's start making a super simple salad dressing together.
Step #1 - You gotta start with good ingredients.
When you are buying your ingredients make sure you read the labels so that you only have clean ingredients in your fridge and pantry:
- Apple Cider Vinegar - I love the "Braggs" brand, its raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar.
- Dijon Mustard - I have "Maison Orphee" a raw organic non GMO dijon mustard in my fridge right now. The ingredients in it are: water, organic mustard seeds, organic apple cider vinegar and sea salt.
- Avocado Oil - right now we are using the "Chosen Foods" brand its pure and non GMO, the ingredients it it are: avocado oil. I could step up my game with this one, I should really be using an organic one. Note to self, look for an organic brand.
- Himalayan salt - it contains 84 trace minerals that your body need. If you have table salt in your kitchen you gotta switch to Himalayan salt. Trust me, just do it.
- Pure Maple Syrup - make sure you are using 100% pure maple syrup and not that "Aunt Jemima" stuff. If you have a bottle of Aunt Jemima in your fridge throw it away now. Yep now. Read the label and you will know what I mean.
Step #2 - Throw the ingredients in a jar and give it a shake.
Step #3 - Your done, you just made your own salad dressing.
5 Minute Dijon Maple Salad Dressing Recipe
Makes: 1/4 cup
What You Need
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or grape seed oil would be good also)
- Himalayan salt to taste (or sea salt)
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Spices: pinch cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon paprika or get creative here and add use whatever spices you like
What To Do
(1) Shake the bottle of apple cider vinegar.
(2) Add all of the salad dressing ingredients in a jar, put the lid on and give it a good shake.
(3) Store in the fridge and give it a shake before each use.
I keep the recipe quantity really small that way it won't be hanging around in my fridge for too long but if you are making this for a crowd just double the recipe.
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like