The inspiration for this salad comes from a local restaurant that I went to on ladies night and a few things I learned from watching a YouTube video on "FitLife TV" on juicing and gut health.
The restaurant that we went to was having "greek night". I ordered a greek salad with no feta cheese. The salad came without lettuce, I thought it was kind of weird at first but it was nice having a plate full of veggies.
And I learned from the video how the combination of...
- apple cider vinegar
..as part of a green juice recipe it can help with gut health.
So I combined these two ideas and created a salad with no lettuce that is close to a greek salad and incorporates good for your gut health ingredients.
Make the dressing by combining; the juice from the lime, fresh ginger and the salsa spice blend.
Prep all of the veggies. Try to use organic veggies if you can.
Pour on the dressing.
Oh yum cilantro I just love it but I know its a sort of love hate thing. If you don't like cilantro you could try replacing it with fresh parsley.
You can eat it right away or let it sit in the fridge before serving. Enjoy!
Good for your Gut Health Veggie Salad Recipe
What You Need
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salsa spice blend (or your favourite spice blend)
What To Do
(1) Make the dressing:
- squeeze the juice from the lime
- dice up the ginger as small as you can
- add in the apple cider vinegar
- add in the salsa spice blend (or your favourite spice blend)
(2) Prep all of the all of the veggies:
- chop up the cucumber into circles and then cut into quarters
- chop up the cherry tomatoes in half
- chop of the cauliflower really fine (so it looks like "feta cheese")
- chop up celery
- tear off 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves
(3) Pour the dressing over the veggies and gently mix everything together.
Let's Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Coconut Oil Oven Roasted Crispy Potato Slices
- Lighten Up Veggie Quinoa Pasta Salad
- Smashed Baked Bean Avocado Sandwich on Ezekiel Bread
Hand made napkin
- The beautiful napkin was hand made by a good friend, you can check her out over at etsy - its sew Katrina