Homemade is alway better right? Does four ingredients sound good too you? Does crispy, crunchy, healthy, and simple work for you? Well then lets get in the kitchen and get cooking .
These roasted crispy potato slices can be eaten...
- as a snack on their own
- dipped in homemade salsa
- topped with avocado slices
- as a side dish with your lunch or dinner
A food switch that works for us...we use to eat buns and baguettes more than we should have. And yep we would usually bought the white ones, oh not good at all. These crispy potato slices replaced baguettes and buns that we use to eat. Any time we can replace something that we use to eat with vegetables and make it a new habit, we think of it as a win.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keep you going" Jim Ryun
There was a bit of a recipe fail with this the first time I made it. I tried making this recipe with sweet potatoes but they were just too soft and I could not get that nice crispy crunch thing going on, so white organic potatoes it is.
Dig in...nom nom nom
Coconut Oil and Himalayan Salt Oven Roasted Crispy Potato Slices RecipeBy: saltsole.com
Serves: 2-3 people
What You Need
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
What To Do
(1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
(2) Wash and cut the potatoes into thin slices, dry them off as best you can and put them in a large bowl.
(3) Melt the coconut oil add the Himalayan salt and pepper and pour onto the potatoes and mix it up until all of the potatoes are coated.
(4) Spread the potatoes out onto a parchment lined pan.
(5) Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, flip each potato slice over and bake for another 10 minutes.
Let's Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like