This is a healthy twist on the classic Bruschetta...made with veggies and no baguette. Oh yaaaa I said made with ALL VEGGIES and no baguette.
I love bruschetta but I don't love all of the bread that comes along with it so I rarely made it. Until now that is.
A few months back we were out having date night at a local restaurant and they were having their grand opening. They served everyone free bruschetta. It was so good. I realized how much I missed it. It inspired me to come up with a bruschetta recipe without the baguette.
Bruschetta is back, a couple of healthy switches makes it all good.
The first step is to make these Coconut Oil Oven Roasted Crispy Potato Slices , they are so good. I love cooking with Coconut Oil, there are so many healthy benefits.
And then mash up a avocado and add a pinch of Himalayan salt. Why avocado? This is healthy switch number 2, instead of cheese we are all in with avocoado.
Next up the tomato topping, chop up a fresh tomato and add 1/2 teaspoon salsa spice blend (this is optional) or you can spice it up with any other spices that you like. Drizzle with a good quality olive oil and thats it.
Its kinda hard not to munch on them while you are making them...nom nom nom
Ok so only half made it to this serving tray. Enjoy!
Healthy Avocado Bruschetta RecipeBy: saltsole.com
Serves: 2-3 people
What You Need
For the base
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salsa spice blend (optional)
- Olive oil (to drizzle on top)
What To Do
Bake the Potato Slices
(1) Make these Coconut Oil Oven Roasted Crispy Potato Slices
Add the toppings
(2) Scoop out the avocado and mash it on a plate using the back of a fork and spread on each potato slice, sprinkle with Himalayan salt
(3) Dice the tomato and mix in 1/2 teaspoon salsa spice (optional)
(4) Assemble and drizzle with olive oil
Let's Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Country Harvest Soup Shooters
- Coconut Oil Oven Roasted Crispy Potatoe Slices
- Sloppy Joe Quinoa Sliders
- The lovely napkin hand made by a good friend, you can check her out over at etsy - its sew Katrina