It's so easy to make your own healthy homemade valentines chocolate clusters, they taste so good and won't leave you with a sugar crash.
Just look at these healthy ingredients for the chocolate...
- coconut oil + coconut butter
- raw honey + 100% pure maple syrup
- raw cacao powder
- pure peppermint essential oil (optional)
...all good for you.
A few years ago I learned that Cacao powder and Cocoa powder are two different things, so I thought I would share...
- Cacao is a pure form of chocolate, its raw and much less processed than cocoa powder
- Our favourite health benefits of Cacao are: it's a high source of antioxidants and rich in minerals like magnesium, iron, potassium
And there you have it a treat with no guilt.
Happy (healthy) Valentines Day!
What You Need
- 1 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt sole or a pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup coconut butter
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 1/8 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1-2 drops pure peppermint essential oil (optional)
What To Do
Roast the pecans
(1) Spread the pecans on a baking sheet.
(3) Bake at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes. If you prefer the nuts to be crunchier you can leave them in the oven longer.
(4) Add the coconut oil, coconut butter, raw honey, pure maple syrup and pure peppermint essential oil in a small bowl or glass measuring cup and stir until combined. Add a pinch of Himalayan salt, you can skip this if you brushed Himalayan salt sole on the pecans. To get the ingredients to mix together easier, I like to make a water bath.
(5) Add in the raw cacao powder and stir until smooth.
(6) Chop up the unsweetened cranberries and add them to the chocolate mixture along with the pecans. Stir until its everything is covered in chocolate.
(7) Scoop about a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture on to parchment paper or you can use silicone muffin cups or parchment muffin cups.
(8) Put it in the freezer on a flat surface for about 20 minutes or until is set.
(9) Keep it in the freezer until you are ready to eat it. If you leave it in the fridge it will start to soften, if you leave it out on the counter for a long time it will start to melt.
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Chocolate Brownie Bites
- Chia Pudding - Chocolate Mint
- Chocolate Macaroons
- Delicious Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Almond Bark Recipe
Icon credit - Noun Project
- Oven icon created by: Nathan Thomas
- Mixing bowl icon created by: Creative Stall