You are really going to like this healthy quinoa pasta salad. Its great for a week night when you need something quick.
Its loaded with fresh veggies and topped off with fresh avocado and a lovely Italian herb olive oil. We received the Italian herb olive oil as a gift and this is the first time we tried it, sooo delicious! It makes such a big difference in the flavour of food when you use really good high quality ingredients.
Quinoa pasta is our go to healthy alternative to regular pasta. I know it may seem weird, a lot of us have been eating the regular past like forever. In case you are not familiar with Quinoa I thought would give you the low down...
The brand of quinoa pasta that we buy is called "Go Go Quinoa". It has such clean ingredients: organic white rice flour, organic white quinoa flour and organic red quinoa flour. No chemicals, I just love it.
A question for you, would it be too much if I asked you to go to your cupboard now and read the label of the pasta that you have in there? Do you see any chemical type ingredients? If you do, quinoa pasta is a great alternative to try.
How to Cook Quinoa Pasta
Cook it the same as regular pasta..
- Bring your water to a boil, add himalayan salt
- When the water is boiling, add in the quinoa pasta and stir during the first few minutes
- Cook for about 5 minutes for a "al dente" texture or 8 minutes or so for a softer texture
Pretty easy right! You can totally pull this off on a week night.
What You Need
- 3 cups of quinoa pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 2 cups of spinach
- Himalayan salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- Italian herb olive oil (make sure you get a really good quality olive oil)
What To Do
(1) Prep the veggies; slice the peppers, dice the tomatoes, chop up the spinach and dice the avocado
(2) Coat the peppers with grape seed oil and grill them. We used a cast iron grill pan but you could also grill the peppers on a BBQ
(3) Cook the quinoa pasta according to the package (or you can follow my cooking tip above)
(4) Once the quinoa pasta is cooked, drain the water and add the chopped spinach and tomatoes. Cover with a lid for a few minutes until the spinach is softened a bit and then add in the grilled peppers
(5) When you are ready to serve top with avocado and your favourite infused olive oil; we used Italian herb olive oil. A basil olive oil would also be great
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Coconut Oil Oven Roasted Crispy Potato Slices
- Good For Your Gut Health Veggie Salad
- Smashed Baked Bean Avocado Sandwich on Ezekiel Bread
Hand made napkins
- The lovely napkins were hand made by a good friend, you can check her out over at etsy - its sew Katrina