Oh my so yummy!! This quick and easy healthy homemade snack is perfect for sharing during family movie night or munching on while you curl up with a good book.
A food switch that works for us...the first time we had kettle corn was from a microwave popcorn package. Wow was it delicious, but once when we starting reading food labels we started to make our own popcorn. The microwave popcorn that we were buying was full of chemicals. The packaged microwave popcorn stuff has never make it back into our grocery cart.
If you have microwave popcorn in your cupboard, go and read the label....do you see any artificial or chemical type ingredients, or words you don't understand? If that's a yes then switch it with this healthy version!
What You Need
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 - 4 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup (we like things less sweet so we use 3, but if you like things more on the sweet side you can use 4 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt sole or 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
What To Do
(1) Make the popcorn and put in a really big bowl so you have some room for mixing. We love using a hot air popcorn popper. If you prefer to make the popcorn on the stove try using coconut oil in the bottom of the pot instead of butter.
(2) Melt the coconut oil, add in the maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon and salt sole (or himalayan salt) to a small bowl or glass measuring cup and stir until combined
(3) Pour the yummy sweet and salty mixture onto the popcorn and mix around with two really big spoons or you can use your hands
(4) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
(5) Get a baking tray and cover it with parchment paper (so the clean up is easier) spread the popcorn evenly on the baking tray
(6) Bake for 10 minutes Voila! enjoy the healthy popcorn.
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Coconut Crunch Roasted Almonds
- Himalayan Salt Sole Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Homemade Roasted Mixed Nuts with Cranberries and Raisins
Icon credit - Noun Project
- Oven icon created by: Nathan Thomsom
- Popcorn icon created by: Amy Schwartz
- Bowl and spoon icon created by: Creative Stall