Ok so we know these almonds look like a sugary candy coated treat....but there's NO sugar or candy coating here, just a delicious healthy crunchy snack with a nice hint of ginger.
A food switch that works for us...we use to buy candied nuts during the year for special occasions. Now that we know that the ones we were buying are loaded with sugar and table salt we won't be buying them anymore. Making a few batches of these Coconut Crunch Roasted Almonds to share with family and friends will be our new tradition.
Our Top 4 reasons why we love almonds, they are a good source of ...
What You Need
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon himalayan salt sole (optional)
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
What To Do
Prep + Assembly
(1) Preheat the oven at 300 degrees
(2) Put some parchment paper on baking sheet and spread out the raw almonds
(3) If you are going to use Himalayan salt sole brush it on to the almonds (a little goes a very long way). You will love the flavour that the Himalayan salt sole adds! If you skip this step its ok, the almonds still turn out tasting great.
(4) Mix the 100% pure maple syrup with the ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a small bowl
(5) Spoon the mixture onto the nuts and spread around until the nuts are all coated.
(6) Sprinkle the coconut onto the almonds and mix around until most of coconut sticks to the almonds and then sprinkle the himalayan salt on
(7) Bake for 20 minutes.
(8) Let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Himalayan Salt Sole Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Homemade Roasted Mixed Nuts with Cranberries and Raisins
- Maple Spice Kettle Corn Popcorn
Icon credit - Noun Project
- Oven icon crated by: Nathan Thomson