This is a nice creamy soup that is dairy free. And the secret ingredient is...raw cashews! If you have never tried using raw cashews to get a nice creamy texture this recipe is a great one to try!
This makes a perfect make ahead healthy appetizer. Spend some time in the kitchen the day before and enjoy your time with your guests on the day of your party!
A health switch that works for us...we use to use butter, flour and milk to get a nice creamy texture in our cooking. Not only is it a lot of work to whisk and stir until things start to thicken, but it was not so good for our weight. Now we use raw cashews in so many ways, and the weight stays off.
What You Need
- 1 1/4 cup yellow, red or orange peppers (or a mixture of all three)
- 1 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- freshly ground black pepper
What To Do
(1) Clean and chop the peppers into slices and dice the carrots.
(2) Coat the veggies with the grape seed oil and top himalayan salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
(3) You can either roast the veggies in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (or until softened). Or you can grill them on the BBQ.
(4) After the veggies are cooked put them in a high speed blender along with the raw cashews, water and himalayan salt. If you think the soup is too thick then just add a bit more water.
(5) Pour into mini mason jars or shot glasses...so fun! This recipe makes 5-6 servings.
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like