Yum, these cookies are seriously delicious and made with ingredients that are good for you! They are dairy-free, refined sugar-free and can easily be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free rolled oats.
We stayed away from making chocolate chip cookies for years because we did not want all of the butter, sugar and white flour that comes along with it. But guess what...we experimented and after many attempts we finally got it! A healthy chocolate chip cookie that tastes delicious. Actually its even better than the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- instead of butter we use a combination of raw cashews and coconut butter
- instead of white sugar or brown sugar we use pure maple syrup
- instead of white or whole wheat flour we use a combination of rolled oats and shredded coconut
The combination of cashews and coconut butter take this cookie over the top.
Bet ya can't eat just one.
You're going to need a blender for this recipe, first blend the dry ingredients. Blend until it looks like a flour.
Empty the dry ingredients into a bowl. Now blend the wet ingredients to a creamy smooth texture.
And next, the chocolate chips, we love the Enjoy Life brand. Its the brand that has the cleanest ingredients that we have been able to find.
Delicious Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
What You Need
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (or gluten free rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (we love the Enjoy Life brand)
What To Do
(1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
(2) Dry Ingredients: Put the rolled oats, unsweetened shredded coconut, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and Himalayan salt in a blender. Blend until it looks like a flour.
(3) Empty the dry ingredients from the blender into a bowl.
(4) Wet Ingredients: Put the raw cashews, coconut butter, vanilla and pure maple syrup into the blender. Blend until it is creamy smooth.
(5) Empty the wet ingredients and the chocolate chips into the bowl and stir until combined. At first you might think that it won't mix together but keep stirring, it will combine together (its worth it, I promise)
(6) Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls of the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. A tablespoon sized ice cream scoop works great. Flatten with your fingers, the dough will be a little sticky.
(7) Bake at 325 for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. And the hardest part is letting the cookies cool before eating them!
If its important to you to that your cookies are gluten free, make sure you buy gluten free rolled oats
Let's Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
Icon credit - Noun Project
- Blender icon created by: Yorlmar Campos
- Mixing bowl icon created by: Creative Stall
- Oven icon crated by: Nathan Thomson