This is the BEST and healthiest banana bread ever! This recipe is a perfect example of how easy it is to switch to healthier ingredients.
- instead of white sugar or brown sugar this recipe uses pure maple syrup
- instead of white or whole wheat flour this recipe uses rolled oats
- instead of butter or canola oil this recipe uses coconut oil
The coconut on the outside of this banana bread makes a nice little crusty texture, yum!
Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
What You Need
- 3 ripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
Ingredients that go in the blender:
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats (or rolled oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded unsweetened coconut for dusting the pan
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded unsweetened coconut for sprinkling on top
What To Do
(1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Rub coconut oil on the bottom and sides of your bread pan. Dust with 2 tablespoons finely shredded unsweetened coconut.
Mix some, Blend some
(3) Wet Ingredients: Mash the bananas in a bowl and then add; melted coconut oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and vanilla and give it a good stir.
(4) Dry Ingredients: Put the rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and himalayan salt in a blender, blend until it looks like a flour. It does not have to be perfectly blended, a few bigger pieces will give it a bit of texture.
(5) Empty the ingredients from the blender in to the bowl with the banana mixture , add 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut and give a gently stir until combined.
(6) Pour into your bread pan and then sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon finely shredded unsweetened coconut.
(7) Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. When its done turn the oven off but don't open the oven door just yet, leave the banana bread in the oven for another 10 minutes.
(8) After 10 minutes take it out of the oven, ahh smells great right! Let cool before slicing.
If its important to you to that your banana bread is gluten free, make sure you buy gluten free rolled oats
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Should you decide to give this recipe a try we would love to hear how it went! Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
Icon credit - Noun Project
- Oven icon crated by: Nathan Thomson
- Mixing bowl icon created by: Creative Stall