Hey...the 80's called and they want their "sloppy joes" back. This recipe is a healthy play on those "sloppy joes" that we ate when we were kids. Just throw everything in the slow cooker and forget about it. Healthy and quick...want some - yes please!
Top 3 reasons why we love cooking with quinoa, its is a good a source of...
What You Need
Slow cooker ingredients:
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 - 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup of carrots
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 teaspoons himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon fancy molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Reserve for later:
- Slider buns (try to get organic)
- Toppings: avocado, lettuce, cherry tomatoes
What To Do
(1) Peel, dice and rinse the carrots
(2) Throw everything into the slow cooker
(3) Cook on high for 2-3 hours or cook on low for 5-6 hours
(4) Prep the slider toppings, lettuce, tomato, avocado
(5) Assemble sliders and enjoy
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like