You will love the taste of this nutritious granola! It has a hint of almond crunch with the perfect coconut and maple combination.
A food switch that works for us...we use to buy store bought cereal and granola, my oldest son loves his cereal! When I started reading food labels most of what we were buying had and lots of unhealthy ingredients. And then when we zoned in and found the healthier store bought granola, they were so expensive. So I played around with this homemade recipe until the flavour combination was perfect.
Top 3 reasons why we love this granola, its is a good a source of...
- healthy fat
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients and give it a really good stir so that everything is evenly coated.
Pour onto the baking tray and evenly spread the granola out.
Once its done baking take it out of the oven, add in the shredded coconut and stir. Ya gotta try this recipe, your gonna love it way better than store bought cereal.
Coconut Maple Almond Granola Recipe
Serves: makes 10 servings (1/2 cup servings)
What You Need
- 4 cups rolled oats or gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (reserved until the end)
What To Do
(1) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
(2) Take out a baking tray and cover it with parchment paper (so the clean up is easier).
(3) Chop up the almonds and melt the coconut oil if its not already in liquid form.
(4) Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl; rolled oats, sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, himalayan salt and cinnamon.
(5) Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl; melt the coconut oil, add pure maple syrup and pure vanilla.
(6) Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients and give it a really good stir so that everything is evenly coated.
(7) Pour onto the baking tray and evenly spread the granola out.
(8) Bake for 30 minutes, stir about half way through the baking time.
(9) As soon as it comes out of the oven add in the shredded coconut and stir. Once cooled, store in a air tight container.
If its important to you to that your granola is gluten free, make sure you buy Certified "GF" oats.
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Should you decide to give this recipe a try we would love to hear how it went! Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
Icon credit - Noun Project
- Mixing bowl icon created by: Creative Stall
- Running man icon by: Norbert Kucsera