Making your own spice blend is really easy to do and when you make your own you know exactly whats in it.
A food switch that works for us...we use to buy packaged spice blends until we started learning more and more about processed foods. We just feel better buying the best quality organic spices that we can find to make our own blends.
What You Need
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes (also called minced onion)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (if you like garlic powder you could use here instead)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder (if you like things on the less spicy side just add 1/2)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What To Do
(1) Put all of the spices in a bowl and stir it until everything is mixed up evenly.
(2) Store in an air tight container, I like to use small mason jars. If you have a label maker this would be a good time to use it.
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like