These chocolate brownies bites are made with ingredients that are all crazy good for you.
We use to eat those packages of 100 calorie cookies, bake brownies and muffins that were loaded with white sugar, flour and butter. Its no wonder that we were both gaining weight every year.
These chocolate brownie bites were a huge part of us knowing that we could make our food shift long term, like forever! We don't pay attention to calories anymore, now we pay attention to the ingredients and nutrients that we are eating.
It was a simple switch, no more calorie counting, no guilt.
This little scooper thing is so handy, I use it for this recipe and our chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Chocolate Brownie Bites Recipe
Makes: 40 - 45 brownie bites
What You Need
- 2 cups raw unsalted pecans
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 cups medjool dates (about 17-18 dates)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (put this aside until the end for rolling)
What To Do
(1) Put the pecans in the either a food processor or a blender (I love my Vitamix blender for this recipe) and blend it up until they are finely chopped. So they look something like this...
(2) Empty into a bowl and add in the cacao powder, coconut, and himalayan salt and give it a stir until combined.
(3) Remove the pits out of the dates and then put the dates in the food processor or blender along with the maple syrup, and the coconut butter and blend until you get a nice creamy texture, it will look like caramel sauce (taste it...nom nom yummy)
(4) Empty the creamy mixture into the bowl and stir until combined.
(5) Using a tablespoon take a scoop and roll into a ball (using your hands) and then roll into the shredded coconut. Your hands will be a chocolate sticky mess, but its all good these babies are worth it!
(6) Store in the fridge, you can eat them right away but the flavours even get better after they chill in the fridge.
Let's Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turn out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Chia Pudding - Chocolate Mint
- Chocolate Macaroons
- Delicious Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Almond Bark Recipe
- Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Clusters
Icon credit - Noun Project
- Running man icon by: Norbert Kucsera