This is a nice thick dairy free tropical smoothie that we eat with a spoon, we tell ourselves its ice cream, but we think it tastes even better. Why do we tell ourselves its ice cream? This is one of our "healthy switch tricks" that keeps us away from eating junk food.
A food switch that works for us...we use to eat yogurt everyday and sometimes eat ice cream. The yogurt that we were eating had sugar and some other chemical type ingredients in it. And I don't even think the ice cream that we bought was real ice cream. And yes, we were both gaining weight every year.
This tropical smoothie recipe has replaced the sugary yogurt and ice cream that we use to eat.
It was a simple switch, no more calorie counting, no guilt.
What You Need
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 bananas (I like to use ripe bananas the flavour is better)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (I usually use frozen ginger or fresh works also)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 4 cups fronzen mango
What To Do
(1) Put the cashew milk, bananas and ginger in a high speed blender (I love using my Vitamix for smoothies) and blend up until smooth.
(2) Add frozen pineapple and mango and let sit for 5 minutes and then blend again. I let it sit for 5 minutes because I find that it blends faster, but you can blend right away if you like.
(3) Eat with a spoon and enjoy (tell yourself this is ice cream, this is ice cream)
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Creamy Dreamy Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- How to Make Cashew Milk - So Easy!
- Green Smoothie - Sunday Prep Smoothie Bags
- Fresh Start Green Tea Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie
Icon credit - Noun Project
- Blender icon created by: Yorlmar Campos
- We had a blast working with Mike Simpson, Graphic and Video Designer on this Mango Smoothie video!