This is a nice thick dairy free strawberry smoothie that we eat with a spoon, we tell ourselves its ice cream, but we think it tastes even better. Why do we tell ourselves its ice cream? This is one of our "healthy switch tricks" that keeps us away from eating junk food.
What You Need
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 bananas (I like to use ripe bananas the flavour is better)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (I usually use frozen ginger or fresh works also)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 2 cups fronzen mango
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
What To Do
(1) Put the cashew milk, bananas and ginger in a high speed blender (I love using my Vitamix for smoothies) and blend up until smooth.
(2) Add frozen pineapple, mango and strawberry and let sit for 5 minutes and then blend again. I let it sit for 5 minutes because I find that it blends faster, but you can blend right away if you like.
(3) Eat with a spoon and enjoy (and tell yourself this is ice cream, this is ice cream)
To save time we buy a bunch of fresh ginger and cut it up and freeze it so we always have it on hand. We buy enough to last about a month (we eat smoothies everyday around here).
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Creamy Dreamy Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- How to Make Cashew Milk - So Easy!
- Green Smoothie - Sunday Prep Smoothie Bags
- Fresh Start Green Tea Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie