This is a creamy dairy free chocolate mint pudding recipe thats healthy!
A health switch that works for us...when our kids were younger we use to buy those little packages of pudding, add milk and shake it up. I don't even know what was in those packages, I did not read labels back then. Even though our kids are not kids anymore we still love pudding. We switched out store bought pudding packages for this really healthy pudding that is loaded with good nutrients. No calorie counting, just nutrition counting!
What You Need
- 4 1/4 cups filtered water
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 5 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil (make sure its pure essential oil, or if you just want a chocolate flavour pudding you could leave this out)
- 2/3 cups chia seeds (keep aside, don't add the chia unitl step 2)
What To Do
(1) Put all ingredients in a high speed blender (I love using my Vitamix) except the chia seeds (DON'T add the chia seeds yet), blend until smooth.
(2) Pour into a big bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Stir it really well so everything is evenly mixed, chia seeds absorb to about 10 times their size!
(3) Refrigerate either over night or for a couple of hours.
(4) Either the next morning (or a couple of hours later) put back in a high speed blender and blend again until smooth.
(5) Put into small containers so that this is an easy snack to grab. I think this step is IMPORTANT (even life changing) because if you are surrounded by healthy snacks that are quick and easy to grab you won't even be thinking of junk food.
This makes a really big batch, you can cut all of the measurements in half if you only want a small batch.
Let's Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Chocolate Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Macaroons
- Delicious Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Almond Bark Recipe
- Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Clusters