Yes its those magical raw cashews again. Hard to believe I know but raw cashews + four ingredients = sour cream.
This is my go to sour cream recipe. I make a small jar of it almost every week. I keep a big jar of raw cashews in my fridge always. I have the recipe labeled right on the jar, its one of my time saver kitchen hacks. I do this for most of my go to recipes. Ok so yes I like my label maker...don't judge me.
This is one of those simple recipes that once you try it a few times you can do it without thinking.
Let's do this...
Soak the raw unsalted cashews in water for 8 hours or overnight.
Drain and rinse the cashews.
Get your ingredients ready; raw soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut water, onion flakes and Himalayan salt.
Everything in the blender.
Creamy perfection right here, and it tastes amazing.
Creamy Dairy-Free Cashew Sour Cream Recipe
Serves: makes 1 cup (and a bit)
What You Need
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- the juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
What To Do
(1) Soak the cashews in water for 8 hours or over night and store in the fridge.
(2) Drain the cashews and rinse.
(2) Put all of the ingredients in a high speed blender (like a Vitamix) and blend until creamy smooth.
(3) Store in the fridge in a mason jar or other air tight container.
- Its lasts about a week in the fridge
- You can freeze some into silicone muffin cups or ice cube trays an then you will always have some on hand
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
This recipe was adapted from the sour cream in the "Rawlicious at Home" cookbook by Angus Crawford & Chelsea Clark
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like