Seriously crazy good, simple, fast, healthy, diary-free, no sugar Y E S!
I am in my happy place.
OMG this really tastes like soft serve ice cream, but its just frozen bananas and organic vanilla powder.
I didn't make up this recipe. I have seen variations of this recipe so many times on Pinterest and YouTube but I thought really...how can just frozen bananas taste like ice cream? So I finally tried it and its true. Its A M A Z I N G.
Ready? Here we go...put frozen bananas and vanilla powder in your high speed blender and wait about 5 minutes for the bananas to thaw slightly.
Ya that's it.
Ice cream is ready!
I like to use a stainless steel bowl it helps keep it frozen longer.
When I first started making this recipe, I kept running out of frozen bananas and that's a problem because this stuff is my total go to snack. Ice cream that is totally good for you, totally worth re-arranging your pantry. Just sayin.
My Banana System
- I re-organized by pantry so that I always have a spot to ripen my bananas
- I found a big container to store my frozen bananas in and then I re-organized my freezer so there is a spot towards the front of my freezer so I can get in and out quickly. I started using zip lock bags, but I if I kept doing that I would constantly be running out.
- I bought 8 bunches of bananas to get started (yes that's 8 bunches) put them in my (newly well organized) pantry to ripen
- Once they are ripe, I peel them and freeze them whole
- When my frozen banana supply is down to about 1/2 buy 4 more bunches
Think its weird to be eating so many bananas? Well that crossed my mind too. So I did some research and yippee it turns out bananas are really good for you. This one was my favourite source...
- 25 Powerful Reasons to Eat Bananas - by Food Matters TV
- "Bananas combat depression, make you smarter, cure hangovers, relieve morning sickness, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and blindness. They can cure the itch of a mosquito bite and put a great shine on your shoes. Here are 25 reasons to eat bananas you might have never considered before.
10 Minute Dairy-Free Vanilla Bean Blender Soft Serve Ice Cream
Makes: 2 servings. You can freeze the left overs (if you have any)
What You Need
- 4 - 5 ripened frozen banans
- 1/8 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder (I like the "Organic Traditions" brand) or 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract works great
What To Do
(1) Peel and freeze a bunch of ripened bananas for about 8 hours or overnight.
(2) Put the frozen bananas and vanilla powder in a high speed blender. Let it sit for about 5 minutes so that it slightly starts to thaw.
(3) Start on a low speed and gradually increase to high. If you are using a Vitamix blender use the tamper to work the bananas down towards the blade.
Let’s Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Creamy Dreamy Green Smoothie
- How to Make Cashew Milk - So Easy!
- Green Smoothie - Sunday Prep Smoothie Bags
- Fresh Start Green Tea Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie